Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Will G. on day 1

I have never been on a skateboard before. Extreme sports were a topic that rarely came up in Marion Cross Elementary school in Norwich, VT, and it came up even fewer times at my home. Needless to say I was a little intimidated when Wayne from Surf Rodz appeared and talked about wearing knee pads because his knees hit the ground when he carved through turns on his longboard. When I finished my deck me and a friend took a couple longboards and headed up to the lobby. We shredded some sick handicap ramps, and although we sucked the freshman still stared at us like we were GODS. Having a longboard creates quite an image. In fact Andrew from Green Street Longboarding was riding yesterday in the back parking lot of Hanover High he was confronted by a teacher. She asked him to stop and threatened to take his longboard. I guess this comes with the territory when one longboards. In any event, I look forward to rippin' it up on Friday and hope I can stick it to The Man just as Andrew did.
Share/Bookmark