Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 1: Cole



Today was the first day of the Longboard Collective. We started out by introducing ourselves as well as being introduced to Wayne and Marcelo who will be helping us out this week. We then set out to design our own boards. I chose to design a double ended, 38 inch board. It was a bit of a struggle for me to draw out my design because I am not the most skilled artist in the world, but after struggling with it for a little while I managed to get it done. Once I had my design drawn, I traced it onto the wood cut out and got to work first by cutting it out using jig-saws and then sanding it down. I haven’t completely finished sanding my board but I am getting close. I hope to finish it by tomorrow so I can start to put the finishing touches on it.

Today was a beautiful day and aside from having fun in the shop all day, my favorite part of the day was getting a chance at the end to go out back and ride all the different boards that were available. Just being able to ride with everyone in the Collective as well as enjoy the nice sun was awesome. I can’t wait to see how the rest of the week turns out.
- Cole

Share/Bookmark