Friday, March 18, 2016

My experience building a longboard provided me with the opportunity to be creative, to problem-solve and to have fun! Not only was I able to exercise my skillz as an engineer, but also as an artist. My approach stayed true to the long boarding mindset--go with the flow and have a chill time. There was trial and error throughout the process, but errors became happy accidents that only added to the board's character. When I take the time to bevel the wrong edge, its no biggie, I'll just bevel both edges and make it a surfboard. But these adjustments were made in every step of the way. I love the old school 70's style of skateboarding so much it seemed to just bleed into my board. Its retro style will never falter and age will only add to its beauty. I will definitely be back to make more!
Pat

Share/Bookmark