Friday, March 18, 2016



The Longboard Collective was an awesome way to spend the week. I learned a lot about about longboard creation and the freedom in the creative and building process. I am more confident in my ability to make a longboard. At the beginning of the week the process seemed daunting, but I had most of the skills already. Cutting and shaping a board, making stencils, operating basic tools and machines, painting, cutting grip tape. I learned new skills as well especially about trucks and wheels, but the process was surprisingly doable. I’m also very happy with my board, I think it looks really nice and from the riding I’ve done so far it feels good. The one thing I wish I had done better would have been to make sure the ends were symmetrical and straight, when I went to thin the ends to avoid wheel bite I wasn’t as precise duplicating what I did one part to the other. Overall I had a lot of fun this week.

Peter

Share/Bookmark