Thursday, March 17, 2016


Today we worked on graphics. I originally wanted to do an octopus wrapped around and anchor, but the design I wanted to do wouldn’t looked good in sharpie and wouldn’t make a stencil. Instead I decided to do a stencil of Banksy’s “Guy throwing Flowers” I think the image is powerful and it would look good a board. The stencil was detailed so it took a while to cut out, but the end result was satisfying. I was concerned that because of the small elements of the design the spray paint might bleed under the edge, but by using double-sided tape I was able to minimize the effect.  I went in after and used colored sharpie to do the flowers in the bouquet, from afar it looks fine, up close it is a bit sloppy. I finished up the day putting on some coats of clear, I am really liking the way the board is turning out.
Peter 
  


Share/Bookmark