Wednesday, March 20, 2013


After taking the Longboarding March Intensive my junior year (which I extremely enjoyed) . . I am excited to be back for another great experience (round two)!  After missing a day of March Intensive due to a called snow day I was extremely anxious to get the building of my second longboard under way.  



Before this March Intensive started, I had already been looking for possible designs and shapes for my longboard and today I decided upon a surf board like shape (except it has a bit of blunt nose).  After constructing the template for my longboard .  . I had to make numerous changes in order to stop a common issue in the construction of longboards, wheel bite.  This is when the wheel makes contact with the board and the board comes to a stop and you don’t . .  results can be dangerous J.  Besides this the biggest obstacle that I have faced would be making my longboard symmetrical.  I am looking forward to day two and will start planning my helmet contest design (gonna be great!). 
Paul

Share/Bookmark