Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I have never made anything like a long board like this before. In middle school I took wood working a few times, but we could never build on this scale during the class. My friend got a long board when we were younger and it became one of our past times while we were in middle school, but got away from riding in High School. When I looked at the list of March Intensives when I was a freshman, Longboard Collective was one that I wished I could get in yet knew I couldn't because I was an underclassman. Now that I'm a junior, when it was time to pick out a march intensive, I knew exactly which one I wanted to do: Longboard Collective!



The experience so far has been fun and very enjoyable. The best part aside from the fact that we are going to get a longboard out of this is getting to work with my hands. The sketch of what I wanted my board to look like took my a bit to make sure that the design fit correctly. After that was squared away, cutting out the wood and sanding was an awesome experience because I had complete control over how the board was coming together. I can't wait to see how the finished product comes out!
Henry


Share/Bookmark