Friday, March 22, 2013

Today was, in my opinion, the most important day because we were going to make our boards unique with the graphics we were going to design and pain on our boards. We started off with a talk about concussions which got me thinking about concussions in snowboarding. My train of thought then led me to the graphic on the bottom of my snowboard as inspiration for a design to use for my longboard. Unfortunately, the design I had hoped for was far too complicated for the methods and time constraints that we had to work with. I then went for a stencil method to produce a sharper image. This proved to be a little troublesome until we had a breakthrough using transparent prints of my design and an overhead projector. I traced the projected design onto my board and with some tricks with tape, ended up with a nice stenciled design to paint. I really wanted my design to have a simple, soft look and feel to it. Because of this I painted the board a gloss black and used a simple blue with a fade to purple paint scheme on the stencil.
So far I'm very happy with how this board is turning out and am hoping to get some riding on it tomorrow if the weather is okay.
Matt

Share/Bookmark