Friday, March 22, 2013

At last the boards are coming together. First thing we did was unveil our graphics that dried last night. Needless to say, the boards looked awesome all around. All that was left before we could begin riding was to get our grip-tape designs all worked out and put on trucks and wheels. Since my graphic was fairly simple, I wanted to put some extra time into making my grip-tape design stand out as well. Because my base graphic had a symmetrical style to it, I decided to continue with that motif with my grip-tape.

After considering various tessellation ideas, I settled on a repeating arrow pattern using white and black grip-tape; the white arrow pointed toward the nose of the board and the black arrows pointed toward the tail of the board with the arrows seperated into columns. Next all it took was some customizing of the trucks to give the board a floaty feel similar to what a snowboard would feel like to finish the board. After just five minutes of riding I can say that this is by far the best longboard I've ridden. I also want to give a huge shout out to Wayne for making this all possible. You're the man Wayne!
Matt

Share/Bookmark