Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 3


Evan L.
Today was probably the slowest day of the week. Aside from coating the board with polyurethane, there was not much to do. Had I known we had so much free time, I may spent some time designing a graphic for my board. However, since it would have taken me a few hours to come up with a good design due to my inadequate drawing skills, I thought I wouldn’t have the time to do graphics. I don’t really mind though. The board looks nice as it is and I might have ruined it had I silk screened graphics on it; but if I were to do it all over again, I would prepared a gnarly graphic for my board. There are also some minor imperfections on my board that I probably should have worked out yesterday before lacquering the board.

My board’s design is pretty unique. Originally, I wanted to put wings on my board but the board wasn’t wide enough and the wings would have been to fragile. I rounded out the wings and made the front more of an arrowhead shape to make it stronger and added a mini set of wings/fishtail to the back which will probably break off. To be continued...

Share/Bookmark