Thursday, March 24, 2011


Jared Geilich
The second to last day of Longboard Collective. It started out really strong. All week, I’ve been worrying about how well my graphic will show up on my light-colored board with a dark stripe down the center. I figured I could either use a dark color for my print and have the middle of the graphic not show up, or use a lighter color and have the outside edges of the graphic not show up. Luckily, Andrew Kittredge came up with the idea to tape off part of the silk screen so I could have a light color over the stripe, and a dark color on the outside. After a lot of taping and printing, I ended up with a SWEET box man holding a balloon printed in white and dark blue on the bottom of my board. After I finished that up, I put polyurethane on the bottom which is now drying. It’s been drying for a few hours. During the drying process, I started assembling the trucks for my board (which are also pretty epic).
It’s pretty incredible to think that tomorrow is already the last day. Everyone has been working hard, and I’ve learned a ton of new things. It seems like it’s been such a short amount of time to build a longboard from scratch. However, I am looking forward to tomorrow when I can finally test this thing out!


Share/Bookmark