Thursday, March 24, 2011



Trey R.
Starting with a glued-up plank of wood, today was about making the boards look like longboards, even after some of us strolled in a bit late. To start, we traced our template onto the plank and then proceeded to cut it out with band saws. I seemed to be waiting around a lot, so I observed others. I found that I am a bit impatient and get distracted unless I’m focused on something. I finally got to cut out my board and was so excited that I messed up a bit. Sanding was the next step and that took FOREVER! Since there was also a limited number of power sanders, I found myself messing around in the wood shop with the others that were waiting. After sanding, we broke for lunch. It was chilly walking across the street to the Co-op, but worth it because of the delicious chicken nuggets that I bought. After I ate, some of us silk screened some images onto shirts we had brought in. One image was the image I am going to put on the bottom of my board, which is a ninja sitting inside of a bear standing on its hind legs. I call it a bear-ninja, or bearja. Then I lacquered my board, sanded it and re-lacquered it. Now I’m just waiting for the second layer to dry, and my board will be close to complete. The worst part of the day was waiting around. The best part of the day was seeing my board take shape under my own hands. My goal for tomorrow is to start painting an awesome image on my helmet!  

Share/Bookmark